Anderson Green London
Anderson Green is one of the largest privately owned practices in the Midlands. Established in 2001 we have 4 offices nationwide employing over 60 staff, all of whom have a wealth of experience in their own right and create a dynamic and differentiated approach to our practice.
We provide forward thinking solutions and a wide range of energy, mechanical and electrical consultancy services to all sectors of the built environment.
With the experience of our staff and range of consultancy services offered, the demands of projects can be met by us; be they of refurbishment, new construction or maintenance orientation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Grade Experienced Mechanical Engineer to join and help develop our London office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of projects across varying market sectors, and for delivering services from inception / feasibility through to detailed and fully coordinated design information to installation quality. Additionally the successful candidate shall be well versed in undertaking project inspections, fault finding and maintenance assessments.
You will be required to deliver client focused effective design solutions, and have a good working knowledge of cost and value in design.
We are looking for a dynamic individual whose skills and experience should include:
- Undertake feasibility studies.
- Undertake building dilapidation surveys and prepare associated reports.
- Reviewing infrastructure designs, preparing load calculations and prepare / applying initial utility services applications.
- Preparation of detailed budget costs and defined estimates if required.
- Prepare concept deign information from RIBA stage 2 and 3 in support of project concept design development.
- Understand the requirements and have proven experience of delivering regulatory obligations associated with Building Regulations Part L and BREEAM.
- Work with the mechanical/energy/Part L engineers to derive low energy design solutions.
- Attend design team and project meetings on behalf of the company.
- Prepare specifications/equipment schedules/drawing and information to installation and fully coordinated standards (RIBA Stage 5).
- Undertaking sub-contractor design drawing and technical submission reviews.
- Undertaking site quality and legislative inspections and prepare associated reports.
- Supervising commissioning of mechanical services.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- Degree or HNC in relevant subject.
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and usage of industry standard Building Services design packages.
- Chartered Engineer, although not essential.
- Smartly dressed and presented
- Articulate and able to communicate at all levels
- Be a team player, but able to operate at an individual level
- Have a UK full driving licence
For more information or to apply please speak to Mat Stubbs, Managing Director, in our Nottingham Office or email: firstname.lastname@example.org