Value: Private & Confidential
Client: SDC with GlaxoSmithKline Stevenage
Anderson Green’s Duties:
Anderson Green were engaged by the client, and worked with Arup to undertake the design validation of the Arup stage 4a Tender information as to enable Anderson Green & SDC to take design liability.
In undertaking this evaluation, the appointment also incorporated development of the final co-ordinated working drawings and installation works packages, including design co-ordination of the specialist packages providing sprinklers, medical gasses, water treatment, FF&E, Fume cupboards and waste management systems.
In addition, specific areas of co-ordination focused upon Reflected Ceiling plans, Builders Work Information and MEP Service Spines.
The project comprises the refurbishment, conversion and fit out of the first floor within an existing building to provide 3000m² of Bio Pharm & Gene Therapy Laboratory Expansion to the current facility. The Laboratory refurbishment incorporated:
- 26No. Fume Cupboards, with the services designed to accommodate a total of 52nr fume cupboards, for future expansion.
- Write Up Areas. The services within these areas are capable for conversion / extension into Lab facilities, thus offering a future proofed and flexible facility.
- Meeting Rooms
- Plant Rooms
- Switch Rooms
- Refreshment station/s
- Print Room / Support Area
Anderson Green commenced design October 2016 to deliver the stage 5 installation information.
We are currently undertaking the As Built 3D model and associated information.
The M&E services comprised;
- Air conditioning and humidity control
- Laminar Ventilation / general ventilation systems
- Domestic Hot & Cold Services
- Laboratory Gasses
- Above Ground Drainage
- Compressed Air
- Cable Containment
- Small Power distribution
- Lighting & Emergency Lighting
- Mechanical Services Electrical Requirements
- Fire Alarm including PA/VA
- Aspirated Smoke Detection