Value: £6 million UK Ltd
Anderson Green’s Duties:
- M&E Cost Planning Support
- Design validation from stage 3 information through to delivery of the full stage 4B technical design and co-ordinated working drawings.
- CFD analysis of air flow and fume cupboard operation
- Development of the As Fitted Model in a Full 3D Rendered Environment to LOD 400
Tocris Bioscience manufactures and supplies high performance life science research reagents to pharmaceutical companies, universities and research institutes worldwide.
The project comprised the full conversion and refurbishment of an existing 2700m² single storey commercial building to provide a full laboratory facility comprising the following area;
- Main Lab area comprising 59 No. Fume Cupboards
- Analytical Lab
- Storage area/good warehouse
- Plant rooms
- Future Expansion
- Write-up areas
- Goods In
- Raw materials Store
- Meeting Rooms
- Food Prep
- Shower & Toilet Amenities
- IT Suite & Server Rooms
- Shower facility
Anderson Green Design commenced in Nov 2014 and completed with completion of the As Fitted model and documents in May 2016.
The M&E services comprised;
- Centralised fume cupboard exhaust system with run & standby fans using polypropylene ductwork incorporating VAV dampers to each fume cupboard.
- Centralised supply air ventilation system to labs via galvanised steel ductwork incorporating VAV dampers to modulate in response to fume cupboard extract but maintaining a negative pressure within the labs.
- Heat recovery system for the above lab supply and extract systems using run-around coils.
- Mechanical supply and extract via local heat recovery units serving offices.
- Local extract for toilet areas.
- Mains cold water to serve;
- Break-tank booster to serve;
- Toilet areas and domestic hot water system
- Cat 5 break-tank and booster serving
- Lab equipment
- Cold feed to lab hot water cylinder
- Cold feed to Reverse Osmosis plant
- Domestic Hot Water System(s)
- Specialist gases (Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Argon and Compressed air) to Labs.
- LTHW heating via gas-fired condensing boilers
- DX Cooling to the laboratory supply air handling units.
- DX heating and cooling to Labs
- DX Cooling to Server room (n+1)
- VRF to office areas
- Above ground drainage
- BMS system
- Small power
- Lighting & emergency Lighting
- Fire Alarm
- Disabled Alarm
- Security systems